Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Reading List

Hello Everyone!

I'd just like to start this post off by saying that I am not the most avid reader out there...In fact during the year, I find it quite difficult to fit in free reading apart from school books because, well, when I do have time, I'm usually asleep. :) But I actually do love reading, and try to catch up on holidays - especially during the summer. Here are some of my picks for light, fun, summery reading:

The Summer I Turned Pretty


(Trilogy by Jenny Han)

My friends and I read these last Spring. It's a really well-written, sweet love story. Easy to follow, and addictive to read, yet it'll only leave you smiling. :) Perfect companion for when you're lying next to the pool.

How to Walk In High Heels


(By Camilla Morton)

Morton writes this book in a way that's both informative and hilarious. Her quirky sense of humour makes it totally relatable as she describes and offers solutions to all of our not-so-cute problems as girls. I picked up several tips along the way. Just an all around great read. :)

Matched


(Trilogy by Allie Condie)

These ones are a little bit different than my other picks. They've got that totalitarian society element that's pretty popular these days (similar to the Hunger Games), but the love story in it is a bit more prominent. They're pretty easy to follow, and have several "AWWW" moments in them. :) Great for poolside reading - though, I must warn you before you get too "into" them, the third and final one won't be coming out until this fall. :(

Hush Hush




(Books By Becca Fitzpatrick)

I started reading these this year during one of the holidays, and continued to finish them after school started again. It is literally everything I look for in a good love story - action, humour and of course, the love. :) It was actually Emma that recommended this to me, and our friends all read it. There are three out right now, and the final one comes out this fall. I HIGHLY recommend these for the top of your reading list. :)

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?
Let me know in the comments section. :)

Have a great week!

-H xx
All Books Available on Amazon.com at the Links Below:
~1, 2, 3, 4~

No comments:

Post a Comment