Friday, June 22, 2012

Paint Pot Passion


MAC Paint Pot vs. Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow 

As you may have picked up from a couple of my last posts, warm weather starts to bring out my collection of creme shadows and paint pots. They stick much better and don't sweat off your face/get everywhere when you wipe your eyes. My all time favorite is MAC's Paint Pot in Rubenesque (right) but I recently pulled out Bobbi Brown's Cream Shadow in Bare Study and I have to say they are remarkably similar.


MAC's solution (if you can call it that) is much creamier than Bobbi Brown's. The color is also much richer, deeply golden with a nod in the orange direction. I love it because it can reamin on all day, though depending on the person I have heard that some find it prone to creasing. I don't have that case making it all the more desirable. The packaging, as per usual is lovely and the amount inside the bottle is full. I will say that this is the first ever make-up product I ever bought and four or even three or perhaps even four (could it be five!?) years on there is still some left. Granted I may have upped the amount in use in the more recent of years. 


Bobbi Brown's Bare Study was originally a gift from my friends last year for my fifteenth birthday. I loved it instantly, yet it seemed to get shoved to the back of my make-up collection always in favor for Rubenesque. However I recently pulled it back out and found that it contains several a quality that MAC may be missing. First, the packaging is not prone to smudgy foundation covered fingerprints and the bottle is ever so chic. The color itself is not so gold and bright, but more muted and is much more equipped to be worn on a daily basis. It is extremely light, therefore requiring perhaps a bit of a heavy layer to show through but is also extremely smooth and in my experience isn't prone to creasing at all. It doesn't last quite as long as MAC's paint pots but long enough for a nice day out (that isn't going to be covered in sweat).

The Verdict

I am going to have to stay I still favor my MAC Rubenesque (even if nostalgia played a small role) though I am so happy that I pulled out the Cream Shadow. It is fantastic for a daily wear basis... I will admit to finding, occasionally, Rubenesque to have just a tiny bit too much flare for everyday on some occasions. Though Bare Study doesn't seem to have the long wear that I've experienced with MAC, the shade is perfect for everyday and the wear is just long enough. Its definitely grown on me. :) 

Lemme know what you think!
xx Em

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty dangerous to keep creme eyeshadows longer than 6 months to a year; breeds lots of bacteria and is generally super unhygienic .

    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/makeup/expired-beauty-products

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the memo, but so far I've found absolutely no problems with it. If anything does come up I'll be sure to let you guys all know!

      :)

      Delete