Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Estee Lauder/Clinique Travel Set


As much promised from last time, my review of these two products. Clinique's 7 Day Scrub Cream and Estee Lauder's Soft Clean Moisture Rich Foaming Cleanser. As I've mentioned several times, I was away in Beijing for two weeks on a school immersion trip. This meant that I was packing limited items for a weather and environment that was internationally known as one of the most polluted in the world. So what was I worried about? My skin.

Granted, my mom and I picked up these two travel sized formulas at a Mannings (super easy drug/convenient store) and my expectations we a little low. Could I really expect two products I'd never used before to battle clogged pores like I'd never experienced for two weeks? Turns out, I could. I am giving them all the credit for keeping my skin almost completely clear for the entire two weeks.


This is a close up of Clinique's Scrub. It has very fine particles and applies really well to skin. The amount I used was a dollop on three fingers, then applied all over the face, not just the t-zone. I wouldn't call it abrasive in so many words, just slightly stronger than "mild." After washing it off and applying the cream, my face felt (at least to me) significantly softer. There is, however, a kind of antiseptic-like smell to it though it isn't strong. I am extremely sensitive to things with flavor and smell and had no bad reaction. Even after the trip, I am adding this to my permanent shower collection, I am that confident and happy with the results it brought after using it everyday for two weeks.


After applying the scrub, I would apply Estee Lauder's cream. I should call it more of a lotion though because it's thickness surpasses that of a normal cream. Again I used a dollop of this on three fingers and then applied to my t-zone area. This is definitely an intense product. To my amazement, the cream's extremely harsh and the first time I applied it all over my face, I felt some minor stinging. After this I restricted the use to every other day and only on the t-zone. Yet it feels quite luxurious in its use. The thickness and slight berry sent together create a feeling that - though harsh - leaves skin with a milky and silky feel. It is a little too harsh for everyday use, but I will definitely bring it back out when travelling again.

Therefore if you are looking for a dynamic duo that brings fast good results, I highly recommend these two. After consistently using them together for the span of two weeks I can confidently say they were my skin's life savers!

Hope you enjoyed!
xx Em

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos. Do you take them yourself? Beautiful blog, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do take them myself, though Halle will often grab some from online due to some camera technicalities. :) Thank you! Follow us if you want consistency! x

      Delete