Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Airplane Essentials

Hi Everyone!

I've just arrived at my mom's house in the U.S. for more of my summer holiday. I got here about five hours ago, and have unpacked, showered and eaten after spending around 20 hours traveling. I'm not too tired, but am happy to be sleeping in a more comfortable position soon.

For this post, I thought I'd share the essential items I keep with me when flying - particularly on long-haul flights when freshening up every several hours on the plane, as well as immediately upon exiting the aircraft are completely necessary (if you want to keep your sanity). :)


Large Purse 
This should be pretty big, so that it can hold all of the items...

{Lilac Longchamp Tote}

Cozy Hoodie + Socks
Planes can sometimes be very cold...

{Princeton Sweatshirt and Bath & Body Works Shea Socks}

Makeup Bag
To hold all of the "freshen up" products...

{Vera Bradley Cosmetic Case}

Toothbrush + Small Toothpaste
After waking up from a slightly awkward nap, brushing your teeth makes you feel instantly fresher...

{Travel toothbrush + Mini Colgate Total Toothpaste}

Lipbalm + Moisturizing Gloss
Air on planes is dry, so make sure to keep your lips moisturized with lip balm. Then, when stepping off the plane, use the moisturizing gloss to keep up the feeling, but add a bit of glamour to your look...

{Classic Burt's Bees Chapstick + C.O. Bigelow "Lemon Citron" Lip Cream}

Eye Glasses + Spare Contacts
I always wear my glasses on long plane rides, but usually before a shorter connecting flight, or when I arrive at the airport of my destination, I switch to my lenses...

{Polo "Jack" Eyeglasses + Acuvue Oasis Contact Lenses}

Earphones + Portable Phone Charger
To cover the sounds of the plane with your favourite songs (it's a good idea to make a relaxing playlist), and an iphone/ipod charger, since those devices can save you from boredom...

{Incase "Capsule Headphones" + Mophie "Inspi(Red) Juice Pack For iPhone"

Also remember to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated. I also think splashing your face with water a couple of times - once on the plane and once upon arrival helps to wake you up, freshen you up, and a makes you feel a bit cleaner, since a fair amount of oil can be produced during a long flight.

I hope this post was helpful! 
I'd also like to wish safe journeys to everyone who's traveling this summer! 

See you Friday! 

-H xx

2 comments:

  1. UR SOCKS LOOK DIRTY <3<3<3 I miss u already!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahha they're not! The colour's just faded cuz they're old. :( Need to buy new ones cuz they don't look cute anymore. <3 I miss you too bebe!!!

      Delete