Tuesday, May 8, 2012

April's 5 Things - Halle

So, in addition to Emma's post from Thursday, we've decided to make this a topic for both of us in the last week of every month to show you what each of us has loved during the previous four week period. :)

Here are my five things from April:


My favourites from my pencil case

Coloured Pens - It's that time of year again! With exams coming up, I've been trying to keep my notes organized as I can using different colours of pens. I think it's more interesting to look at a page with different colours on it, rather than just plain black text. It makes studying a little prettier. :)



A beautiful picture of my beautiful coffee <3 hehe - photo from Tumblr

Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiatos - Okay, I'll admit, this isn't a love that's been going on during April... I am madly in love with this drink and have been for about a year now. It's just that extra little treat that I've been enjoying more and more lately as my study hours get longer. :) Seriously, if you've never tried it, try it. I don't mind the taste of coffee so long as it's not too strong, and I think this is the perfect blend of sweetness and cream with that taste. Plus, when it's iced, it's super easy to drink, and refreshing in the hot weather! :)



A twisty pony - photo from the internet

Twisty Ponytails - This is a super easy style I've been wearing to school and out on the weekends. It looks good with any outfit really. I've paired it with "boho" style sundresses, and also with my school uniform and have been happy with the results. I do it with a little bit of a side pony and then a few pieces twisted back from the front. :) It keeps the hair out of your face, and adds an effortlessly stylish twist to the classic ponytail.

Application Icon :) 

Sleep Cycle - This iPhone app is great for so many reasons. When you're often a late sleeper like I am, it helps you keep track of when you're going to bed so that you can see where you can improve. It also helps monitor your sleep patterns and how deep your sleeping is going so that you can maximize your rest time. What I like most, though, is the wake up functions. I usually have my phone in my speakers and use it as an alarm in the mornings. But the iphone ringtones can sound a little harsh, and this one has a bunch of nicer options that help you wake up feeling a lot more relaxed, since you don't have to hear a loud beeping first thing in the a.m. My fave is "Warm Breeze."



Chocolate Cheesecake :)

Desserts - There's been a lot of baking going on in my apartment recently, and I am loving it. :) (The above is a picture of the remaining part of the most recent item - Chocolate Cheesecake) Even though it's not the best thing for you to eat health-wise, they put you in a good mood and add a bit of extra happiness to your afternoon/night. :) Desserts are also great study companions - or rewards for working hard! :)

Have a great week, lovelies!

-H xx

No comments:

Post a Comment