Thursday, April 19, 2012

Healthy Snacking


As a person who personally believes that vegetables are cursed, the word "healthy" always has a negative connotation. It has only been recently that I have extended my vision that other things, though delicious, could also be healthy. Huh, maybe I'll start a diet then. But I doubt it.

After school is the worst time for me, because I am hungry enough to eat right away, but I know that in only two hours I might be wanting a full meal. Oh the choices life gives us. My usual decision? Eat twice.

Usually I will have a larger snack in the afternoon and then at night something small like cereal to quench my hunger cravings that develop right before bed. So if you are looking for an epic snack that you might just be able to pass off as completely healthy, do keep reading.

Secret Ingredient #1 ~ Alfafa Sprouts 

Secret Ingredient #2 ~ Ham Flavored Laughing Cow Cheese

Secret Ingredient #3 ~ Thick Balsamic Vinaigrette 


 Ingredients: 

1 ripe avocado
1 toasted bagel
1 triangle of laughing cow cheese (preferably ham flavored)
1 cherry tomato
1 pinch of alfafa sprouts
2 leaves of basil - chopped
1 squirt thick balsamic vinaigrette


Spread the laughing cow cheese across the bagel (if the bagel is still warm, then the cheese will melt perfectly). The reason for using the ham flavor is so that you have the meaty taste but do not actually have to grab cold cuts. One less thing for you to clear up afterwards. As is probably obvious, stack the ingredients onto each half of the bagel to create two open faced sandwiches a la bagel style.



Bagel One: Cheese, avocado, basil, alfafa sprouts


Bagel Two: Cheese, avocado, tomato, basil, squirt of vinaigrette




Enjoy!
xx Em

1 comment: