Tuesday, June 12, 2012

May's 5 Things - Halle

Hello Everyone!

The weather is hot, hot, hot now, particularly in the very humid Hong Kong, but I am so excited that it's summertime! Here are the five things I've been loving this month at the beginning of this warm season:

1. Neutrogena "Wetskin" Sunscreen



So, I'm a bit pale. Actually, that is an understatement. I have very fair skin, which burns very easily. So, each summer I'm constantly faced with concerns regarding preventing myself from burning. Before I swim, I usually apply a pretty generous amount of regular rub-on sunscreen. (I like the ones from Neutrogena as well - in a very high SPF, such as 100+) It's not too much of an issue to wait the 10-15 minutes for this to soak in prior to swimming, yet, when I'm found facing a day by the beach or pool when re-application is necessary every hour or so, this new sunscreen makes it so much more convenient. You can spray it onto your skin when it is wet very conveniently, and it does not require an extensive amount of drying time. It also offers the same degree of coverage as other Neutrogena products. Needless to say, I think this sunscreen is going to become an essential item on hot summer days.

2. Rayban "Aviator Large Metal" Sunglasses







I found these at an outlet with my family last summer on sale in the US, and instantly fell in love. I feel like this style is very versatile and flattering, and this colour is my absolute favourite out of the available coloured options in this same style. They complement every outfit selection in terms of colour and adding an extra hint of stylishness, which I absolutely adore. Plus, they protect your eyes from harmful UV Rays. What's not to love?

3. Violet "Le Pliage" Longchamp Bag



I've grown to absolutely adore Longchamp totes in the last couple of years. They come in a variety of colours, are versatile enough to match any outfit, and are large enough to hold all of the essential items - even when you're carrying them to school! I like the larger size of the bag for these reasons, since it can hold all of my books, extra flip flops when I'm wearing heels - everything a girl needs. This colour is actually from last year's Spring Collection. I got it as a Christmas present from my mom. I think the colour is quite summery, and it actually does match with more outfits than I anticipated. Other worthy colours are the beautiful chocolate brown and classic black.

4. Sperry Topsiders In "Brown Deerskin"


I used to wear boat shoes all the time when I was growing up, but stopped for a few years when I was about thirteen. This past summer I spotted this colour in Macy's and totally fell in love again. This school year, they've become my go-to shoe, and I've been loving pairing them with cute shorts and tanks so far this summer. Super comfy and versatile.

5. Bath & Body Works Body Spray - White Citrus



This was my summer scent last year, and I am still finishing up the large bottle I bought all those months ago. It smells so fresh and light, and is perfect for days outside or carrying in your purse just to make yourself feel fresh again in the heat. It's not too overpowering, but just sweet enough for summer. :)

I hope you enjoyed this post! Talk to you Friday!

-H xx

~1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment