Friday, July 6, 2012

June's 5 Things - Halle

Hey Everyone! 

I honestly can't believe that it's July already...this summer's gotten off to a busy, but super fun start. Hopefully time will slow down a bit, though, so we can enjoy the remaining weeks. 

Reflection

{Original image from Tumblr}

This week I'm at music camp, so I've been doing a lot of playing, listening and thinking. Last night while our teachers were playing a recital for us, I got to thinking about life and passion. Although I do have several different areas I am genuinely interested in, I don't know that I have one true passion...or maybe I do, but I haven't realized it yet. Hopefully it's something that'll become more obvious to me with age. This week, I've been thinking about my life so far, and the direction in which it's headed. I don't mean that in some sort of dramatic or brooding way, I've just been reflecting on myself as a person. It's been nice to take some quiet time - with just me, my mind, and my music. :) Okay, enough of my philosophical thoughts... :)

Mophie Portable Charger
{Mophie RED Juicepack Reserve for iPod & iPhone}

With travel comes excessive use of my iPhone for playing music. With excessive use, comes a drained battery. This little "mini-charger" has been a total lifesaver during layovers when I've not only been in need of my phone for its use as an ipod, but also so that I can stay in touch with family and friends from the airport. I have the mini version, which charges the phone about 30-45% of the way, but larger ones are also available which I believe can give your battery full life again. 

Braided Belts

{Cotton On Jean Braided Belt}

One of my go-to styles this summer are flowy tanks and tops tucked into shorts. With those shirts, I feel that belts go great with them in terms of adding a little extra preppy flavour. I have a similar one to the above that's also from Cotton On, but mine is a bit more of a single braid rather than multiple crossovers within a border. It's super versatile and can add an extra touch to pretty much any outfit.

Hush, Hush

{Series by Becca Fitzpatrick}

As one of my all-time favourite reads, I've been re-reading the series on planes and by the pool so far this summer. For more on my love for this book, click here to view my "Summer Reading List" post. 

Logoquiz

{Logoquiz iphone/ipad App}

My new friends at camp introduced me to this game on their phones, and I started loving it, so I downloaded the app for myself. It's basically pictures of parts of different brands' logos, and you have to guess which they belong to. There are multiple levels, and believe it or not, once you start, it becomes addictive. :)

That's it for this week on Lipstick and Life! See you Monday! 
Have a great weekend! 

-H xx

~1, 2, 3, 4, 5~

No comments:

Post a Comment