Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fresh Looking Makeup For Spring

Spring is in the air! :) This season seems to be booming with florals, neutrals and fresh-looking style!

I don't usually wear much makeup. I don't wear it to school, but recently I've been using minimal amounts on the weekends. I don't like to spend too much time doing this, though, so to go along with some of my favourite looks this season, I've come up with an eye makeup look that's super simple, but can be used with a variety of colour combinations, depending on your preference.

To do this, I use my Urban Decay Naked Palette, Covergirl Lashblast Length Mascara (Brown) & an NYC Pink Lipstain.



Here's a my how-to:

Start by using a primer of your choice. I'm using Urban Decay Primer Potion. (It comes with the Naked Palette)



Next, sweep a light shadow across your eyelid and into the inner corners. I used "Virgin."



Then, on the outer half of your eye, apply a light brown shadow. In the Naked Palette, I suggest "Naked."



It'll then look something like this:



Then, take a slightly darker, brown shadow and swirl it around the outer corners of your eyes. You could use a shimmer or non-shimmer shadow for this. I like, "Sidecar."



Next, take a dark brown eyeshadow and a thin brush and line your upper and lower lashlines. I used "Smog."




Then, for a natural look, use brown mascara on your upper and lower lashes.



Finally, to polish it off, use a light-coloured lip stain. This lasts all day and looks quite natural. It just gives a bit more colour to your lips. :) I like "NYC 24 Hour Lip Stain" in the light pink shade. :)



The final look:





Again, this is a great, easy look to use on a daily basis. It's subtle, but adds a nice pop of colour. You can also swap out the colours and use pinks or another spring colour using the same technique. :)

Enjoy!

-H




No comments:

Post a Comment