Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Neutrogena's "Acne Stress Control Toner" Review

As mentioned in my other posts, I've been trying hard recently to amp up my skincare routine. I'm still rotating cleansers and trying to see which are my favourites, but I think I have found the right toner. :)

My sister recommended it to me around Christmastime. I have combination skin, which sometimes can be pretty dry and sometimes pretty oily. So, I wanted something that would help me get rid of oil and dirt, without drying my skin too much. This one has given me the best of both worlds.



I started using it just once a day at night, and after a few weeks, when I felt my skin was used to it, I increased to using it morning and night. I apply it using cotton pads, and swipe it over my face. Then, I leave it to dry for about a minute before applying my moisturizer.

In the last few months that I've been using it, I've noticed that my face has been softer, more evenly-toned and I've also had a reduction in breakouts. The breakouts I have had have been pretty mild and the toner has helped keep it under control. Judging from the bottle, I think what makes this one special is that it has skin-clearing ingredients, like Salicylic Acid, but it's also got skin soothing ingredients like green tea. Because of this, I would expect that it would be suitable for a variety of skin types.

If you're in the market for a new toner, I think this is definitely one to try! :)

-H xx

No comments:

Post a Comment