Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Benefit Facial Polish Review

This Easter break I made my way to the Benefit counter to try and get my hands on a new mascara (sorry Maybelline, but I wanted something new) and ended up coming away with something definitely not expected: The Refined Finish Facial Polish. Basically, their nice face exfoliator.

Pretty packaging...

Personally, I have always turned towards more dermatologic brands such as Murad rather than cosmetic focused such as MAC, but there was something about this one, its pretty packaging (and perhaps the persistant sales lady) that had me sold.  

It's new spot in my shower...

White creamy consistency...

Initial Thoughts: When I first used the product it felt exactly how it looked above, creamy and rather foamy, however after blending it into my face the exfoliating factor was immediately evident. The beads are microscopic but definitely abrasive. At first I thought that perhaps the product was too harsh my skin.


After consulting the package, I realized my mistake. It's meant for use once or twice a week. However,   I currently have been using the product every day, though with just application on my nose and chin where I have active break-outs.

I then follow this up with Murad's Pomegranate Face Wash, and the results, personally, I found almost immediate. My skin was evidently softer and slightly more "luscious" especially around the cheek and forehead area. I use this everyday, after the exfoliator and so far they seem to be working in coorilation well. 
Murad's Pomegranate Face Wash ~ been in love with this forever!

Hope this is helpful! 
xx Em

No comments:

Post a Comment